Meet Our Writers
Dr. Kenneth Acha
Dr. Acha created this free blog devoted to helping people who want to serve orphans, homeless people, and other underprivileged groups of people. He has another blog, KennethMD.com, that focuses on leadership.
Here is a little bit about Dr. Acha:
– He is married to his beautiful wife, Ellen.
– He has two biological children.
– As a family, they are passionate about serving people in need whether it be through medicine or through meeting mental, social, and spiritual needs.
– His wife and him are both medical professionals.
– In 2010, Dr. Acha felt called to resign from his medical residency and serve orphans full-time while also training others to care for orphans well. Dr. Acha claims this to be “the hardest decision I’ve ever made. But it’s the most rewarding ever.”
– He founded Shaping Destiny in 2005 and since then has led the nonprofit to serve thousands of orphans in Cameroon, Africa.
Education & Training:
– He completed high school at Presbyterian High School Batibo in Cameroon, Africa.
– He did his undergraduate education in Biochemistry at Rice University in Houston, Texas.
– Dr. Acha went to medical school at Texas A&M College of Medicine in the College Station, Texas where he started serving orphans through Shaping Destiny. Watch this video of his beginnings in orphan care
– He did some seminary training through the Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.
– She is the baby of her family, born and raised in California.
– She is unmarried with no children and focuses this season of her life on furthering her education, ministry, volunteer work, and serving others.
– Stephanie first felt the call to orphan care after a number of short term mission trips to a variety of countries in Africa. She has been to Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, and Cameroon (where she has spent most of her ministry time).
– She works with a non-profit ministry, Shaping Destiny, as the Program Assistant and Partner Relations Coordinator. She advocates for orphans, participates in public speaking arrangements, fundraising, and social media awareness efforts.
– In her spare time, Stephanie volunteers with the youth ministry at her local church and mentors at-risk middle school girls.
Education & Training:
– She completed high school at Elk Grove High in Elk Grove, California.
– Stephanie is currently enrolled at Austin Bible Institute where she is studying Christian Ministry to Orphans and Vulnerable Children. She also TA’s for some of the adjunct faculty members, and works in the admissions office helping other interested students get the same high-quality training that has opened her eyes and taught her everything she knows about effective orphan care.
– She also is enrolled at Austin Community College where she is working towards an A.A. in General Human Services.