This page will link to resources that we think will help people going into orphan care. If you know of a good resource that is not listed here, please share it with us so we can evaluate it and add it here for others to benefit. Contact us here>>
Institutions that Offer Specific college-level training
Centers & Organizations
- Christian Alliance For Orphans
- Orphan Sunday
- The Chalmers Center
- Christian Community Development Association
- The Sphere Project
- Christian Meditation
- Preparing Yourself to Discern God’s Call and Make Right Decisions
- Starting & Building a Nonprofit
- Orphan Care Movement
- Asset Based Community Development.
- Poverty Unlocked
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Six Models of Care for Orphan and Vulnerable Children in South Africa (UNICEF)
- Models of care for orphaned and separated children and upholding children’s rights: cross-sectional evidence from western Kenya; PDF Version (Moi University, Kenya)
- Hope for orphans: A model of care for vulnerable children, Baylor University (Jon Singletary, Assistant Professor; Editor; Director, Center for Family and Community Ministries, Baylor School of Social Work
- New Research from Duke University shows that Orphanages are not as bad as they’ve been made to be.
- Report on Times of the research above here.
- Orphan Care Model, Humanitarian International Services Group
- The Impact of Institutionalization of Orphans, Encyclopedia.com
- Levels of Child Malnutrition, Unicef. Unicef says, ” Nearly half of all deaths in children under age 5 are attributable to undernutrition. This translates into the unnecessary loss of about 3 million young lives a year. “
- Global Orphan Facts, CAFO
- Ugandan Government’s Alternative Care website